About the BC Home Energy Coach Program
For Single Family Residential Homes, Townhomes, and Rowhomes in BC
The BC Home Energy Coach Program provides building-science based information about the options and opportunities to improve the energy efficiency of your home. We are available to answer your questions at all stages of your home energy improvement project. We provide easy to navigate self-serve tools, including an incentives database and resources to learn about energy efficiency upgrades and services.
The Coaching Program is funded by the Province of BC’s Innovative Clean Energy Fund. BC Hydro and FortisBC, although not funding or administering this initiative, are supportive of the purpose of the Coaching Program, and are providing promotion through marketing and outreach channels. The Coaching Program is delivered by City Green Solutions, a non-profit society.
Use BC Home Energy Coach to Learn About:
- Accessing Rebates, Incentives and Financing
- Options to Reduce your Energy Bills
- Options to Shrink Your Home’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Understanding the Benefits of Improved Home Energy Efficiency
- Choosing the Right Energy Saving Upgrades
- Selecting the Right Contractors
- And more!
Have a Different Question? Here’s who to Contact:
- When is my rebate cheque coming? Search the incentives section of the website for typical timelines, and if you have further questions or your rebate cheque is later than expected, contact your rebate program directly.
- Do I need a permit for my upgrade? Contact your local government directly.
- How much does an EnerGuide home evaluation cost? See FAQ for average price ranges. Contact energy advisors directly for quotes.
- Not satisfied with your EnerGuide evaluation? Contact your energy advisors’ Service Organization
- Not satisfied with your contractors’ service? Contact your contractor or the Better Business Bureau.
- Have questions about your energy bill? Contact your utility provider.
- Want services in different languages in the Lower Mainland. Contact Empower me.
Limits of Liability and Importance of Professional Advice
The recommendations and information provided by the BC Home Energy Coach Program are general energy efficiency advice and are not a substitute for an EnerGuide Rating System home energy evaluation, professional advice, or quotes from licenced contractors. Prior to undertaking energy-efficiency upgrades, recommended or otherwise, we recommend confirming the information and suggestions provided through this program with professionals who will provide you with recommendations specific to your home and home improvement needs.
By using the BC Home Energy Coach Program, you assume full responsibility for any changes made and/or equipment installed in your home, and release the BC Home Energy Coach program and its funders from claims of any nature, including claims for injury or damages, alleged to be caused by any person involved in carrying out the advice. We accept no liability in the selection of materials, upgrades, or contractors, or their performance or workmanship.