As of August 27, 2018, the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program is fully subscribed and no longer accepting new registrants. A registration wait list is being taken. Should an existing registration spot open up, the program will process registrations in the order of receipt until September 28, 2018. Registrations close on September 1, 2018. For updates, visit the Oil to Heat Pump Program.
Through the Oil to Heat Pump Program, you can receive up to $1700 for upgrading from oil heating to an electric air-source heat pump, including a $150 EnerGuide home evaluation rebate. See the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive table, or learn more about heat pumps. This upgrade counts as one out of three eligible upgrades towards the Home Renovation Rebate Program’s Bonus Offer. You can also access other Home Renovation Rebates if you complete the Oil to Heat Pump Incentive Program. To see rebates available to you once you’ve upgraded to a heat pump, complete a new search with “heat pump” as your primary heating system.
- Your home must be primarily oil heated before the upgrade.
- The heat pump must be installed in an eligible home.
- You must complete both a pre- and a post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- You are responsible for safe removal/decommissioning and disposal/recycling of oil heating equipment.
- You must install an eligible heat pump.
*BC Home Energy Coach is not responsible for incorrect or out of date information displayed on this webpage.
How to Apply
- Carefully read the Terms and Conditions to confirm your eligibility for the up to $1700 Oil to Heat Pump Incentive.
- Get a pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Choose an installer, have them choose an eligible heat pump and provide you with the AHRI number for the system.
- Register for your incentive.
- Get your heat pump installed and remove your oil tank and furnace/boiler. Optionally, complete two other eligible upgrades to access the Bonus Offer.
- Complete a post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Submit your application form and attach all receipts and your local government top-up application, if relevant.
The Program will be in operation until funding is exhausted, or until the program end date of September 28, 2018.
Please note the following submission deadlines:
- Registrations will be accepted until September 01, 2018 inclusive; registrations received after this date will be rejected.
- The application must be submitted within 6 months after the date of issue of the registration number, or by September 28, 2018, whichever comes first.
- The removal of your oil furnace or boiler must occur after your pre-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation and before your post-retrofit EnerGuide home evaluation.
- Application processing may take up to 90 days from the date that all required application documents are received. After 90 days of submitting your application, to check on the status of your application, call 1.877.545.6247 or e-mail email@example.com.
- By completing the Connect to Gas Program you qualify for other incentives by the Home Renovation Rebate Program.
- Did you see a building science or energy efficiency term you did not understand? Check out our glossary.
- Check out our incentive database for other energy efficiency upgrades rebates.